Re[2]: [linux-audio-dev] OT CPU Fans

Subject: Re[2]: [linux-audio-dev] OT CPU Fans
From: Rick Burnett (destinytech_AT_spacey.net)
Date: Tue Jun 04 2002 - 07:25:28 EEST

My whole problem is space, in that, there isn't any. I wish I had
some pictures of my studio to show you, but I don't. I have managed
to fit more equipment and a nice sized vocal booth into a room than I
really should be able to. It's fun defying physics. So much so that
I had to buy a portable 12000 BTU air conditioner when I want to use
the studio, the equipment heats it up fairly quickly.

I am in an apartment, so structural changes are limited, hence my
vocal booth can come apart (which I would rather not do) to be moved.
The closet is VERY POORLY designed and won't provide ANY sound
isolation.

The reason I am asking about the flower fan is I don't want to go
through this again. I am okay with the HD noise and the power supply
noise, I have had them before. What changed was when I had to buy a
high powered fan for the CPU, and it is like 5 times as loud as the
other items. It's making me insane :)

Rick