Re: [linux-audio-dev] OT Now I've seen everything (Audiophile related)

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] OT Now I've seen everything (Audiophile related)
From: Joern Nettingsmeier (nettings_AT_folkwang-hochschule.de)
Date: Wed Jun 05 2002 - 11:08:35 EEST

Fred Gleason wrote:

> On Tuesday 04 June 2002 12:56, David Matthews wrote:
>
> > Now that's just ridiculous. I love tubes as much as anyone, but what's the
> > point of using a tube amplifier with a cheapo motherboard DAC?
>
> I'd be more interested to see how they're generating the B+ voltage for that
> tube -- values of around +100 V DC or more are typically required. I can
> just imagine how the circuitry for *that* affects noise performance in the
> DAC...

fred, haven't you read their specs ??
they have solved this any many more things. they use a "noise wall".
which is really clever, because noise can't go through walls! and the
tube combines analog warmth with digital technology, and they did some
really brilliant stuff to their power supply which not only drives the
tube but also heals warts, keeps the weather nice during evening
barbecues and attracts girls.

;)

seriously, i think this is the greatest pile of horseshit the world has
seen so far.
if some alien asked me if this were my species, i'd claim i just got
stuck here...