Re: [linux-audio-dev] Initial relase of Swami

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Initial relase of Swami
From: Josh Green (jgreen_AT_users.sourceforge.net)
Date: Wed Jun 05 2002 - 22:28:29 EEST

On Wed, 2002-06-05 at 12:28, Brian Redfern wrote:
> This is terrific software, I'm teaching myself c++ right now just to get
> involved in improving this software. With projects like this I can soon
> sell the rest of my old outboard gear. :-)

Doesn't use C++ :) Its C using GObject which is part of the glib 2.0
package. Its basically the GTK object related stuff but doesn't rely on
GTK itself, so one doesn't need X and all that stuff to use it.
GStreamer is based on it, this is a project I have been using for
example code. Since the libswami library doesn't require GTK it could
easily be used for patch file databases on the internet (imagine
searching for a particular instrument and having it being composed on
the fly for download :) I'm still getting familiar with GObject, so the
API of Swami is not quite there yet. But if you do decide you'd like to
help out, there are plenty of things to do. Cheers!
        Josh Green