Re: [linux-audio-dev] decoding mp3 files

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] decoding mp3 files
From: Kristian Peters (kristian.peters_AT_korseby.net)
Date: Fri Jun 07 2002 - 21:30:23 EEST

Martin Wolters <martinw_AT_atc.creative.com> wrote:
> I expect about 1200 - 1230 added zeros at the beginning. The number of
> added zeroes in the end can vary. There is a finite number of
> possibilities from the mp3 algorithm (like for the beginning), plus a
> number of zero padding samples that is depend on the size of the
> original wav-file. (In order to fill up frames).

Oh.. Not only zeros are added at the beginning. I calculated that 9024 bytes are added by mpg123. (It's not easy to determine that cause the output differs.. But I hope the number is correct.)

9024 / (channels) / sizeof(bits) == 1128.

(I used a 16bit stereo wav.)

I'll test other decoders. Hopefully that one will not vary.

Thanks, *Kristian

  :... [snd.science] ...:
 :: _o)
 :: http://www.korseby.net /\\