RE: [linux-audio-dev] Poll about linux music audio app usability

Subject: RE: [linux-audio-dev] Poll about linux music audio app usability
From: Ivica Bukvic (bukvicic_AT_email.uc.edu)
Date: Mon Jun 10 2002 - 18:53:40 EEST

>I read:
>>
>> What tools are you talking about? I mean, I own both PCs and Macs, and
>> except Digital Performer I don't know about any other major package
>> that only exists on the Mac.
>
>max/msp
>supercollider
>
>regards,

Except that max/msp is coming to Win platform this fall (and besides there
are better alternatives to this app on Linux/win platforms i.e. Mix24 (or
something like that, forgot the name), Eyesweb, Glame, pd, jmax, Visual
Orchestra etc.), and Supercollider has gone open source so it should be
available on Linux platform (and possibly Win platform as well) rather soon
(for alternatives see Rtcmix, Csound etc.).

Ico