Re: [linux-audio-dev] hdsp output, and the lack of

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] hdsp output, and the lack of
From: DuWayne R Holsbeck (drh_AT_niptron.com)
Date: Wed Jun 12 2002 - 17:49:36 EEST

On Wed, 2002-06-12 at 08:38, Paul Davis wrote:
> Puzzling. Very puzzling. Can you run some input into the system and
> see if the Input Peak readings change? They should. Read them using:
>
> amixer -c N cget numid=13
>
> this will read the input peak value for channel 1 over and over
> again. i'd like to see that this at least is working. "N" is the card
> number for your hdsp.

Ill do that this afternoon. If your interested I can put the box online
for you to look at.

> I also noted
> >that, in alsamixer, there dose not seem to be any way to mute or unmute
> >the channels, is this normal?
>
> i don't know. i've never done this in alsamixer for any of my other
> cards. is there some standard way to do this?

On my ice1712 cards there is a "mm" marking on the inputs, when you
select that channel, and hit "m" it toggles the mute setting

> The line out channels are enabled by the driver, but they represent a
> separate mix destination that has all source gains set to zero, so you
> don't hear anything by default. I have considered changing this so
> that the default is to hear everything (all input channels and all
> playback streams). What do you think?

a seprate monitor, consisting of all channels would be good, a mixed
output would be better ;-)

--
I have a switch in my apartment that doesn't do anything.  Every once
in a while I turn it on and off.  On and off.  On and off.  One day I