Re: [linux-audio-dev] RFC: API for audio across network - inter-host audio routing

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] RFC: API for audio across network - inter-host audio routing
From: Bob Ham (node_AT_users.sourceforge.net)
Date: Wed Jun 12 2002 - 22:58:42 EEST

On Wed, 2002-06-12 at 17:25, Men Muheim wrote:
> Has anyone ever thought of implementing a library for transfer of audio
> across networks?

Indeed I have and it is, in fact, what I plan to be spending most of
this summer working on. I don't know if you've seen gison's magic, but
it sounds very similar what you're doing:

http://magic.gibson.com/

> During the last year I have implemented a library that does such a thing
> for a custom, synchronous network.

Perhaps we can help each other? My intention was to write either an
alsa driver, or a seperate magic driver, that deals with all the magic
network stuff, while exporting interfaces to alsa or jack, or whatever
api fancies using the magic network.

I'm eager to see your code :)

Bob

--