RE: [OT] RE: Latency [linux-audio-dev] RFC: API for audio across network - inter-host audio routing

Subject: RE: [OT] RE: Latency [linux-audio-dev] RFC: API for audio across network - inter-host audio routing
From: STEFFL, ERIK *Internet* (SBCSI) ("STEFFL,)
Date: Fri Jun 14 2002 - 20:27:18 EEST

  most (all) naturally introduced latencies are fairly constant in time, one
can get 'feel; for them. However the latency introduced by linux (computer)
is not 10 ms but as you say _up_to_10_ms_, I guess the random delays would
be very annoying - imagine having latency about 4ms and then suddenly jump
to 10ms for few notes and then back to e.g. 3ms etc.

        erik