RE: [linux-audio-dev] RFC: API for audio across network - inter-host audio routing

Subject: RE: [linux-audio-dev] RFC: API for audio across network - inter-host audio routing
From: Bob Colwell (bob.colwell_AT_attbi.com)
Date: Sat Jun 15 2002 - 02:39:23 EEST

Nyquist says that if you sample a repeating waveform, ANY repeating
waveform, at a sampling rate greater than or equal to the highest
frequency partial present in the waveform, you can exactly duplicate
that waveform. Yes, exactly duplicate the original.

Lamar's comments are correct, but then, what difference is there
between amplitude modulation at the sampling frequency and a partial
at that frequency? Both contain information that cannot be captured
by the stated sampling frequency. Why would you amplitude modulate
anything that fast?

-BobC