Re: [linux-audio-dev] Dithering idiots

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Dithering idiots
From: Richard Bown (bownie_AT_bownie.com)
Date: Mon Jun 17 2002 - 16:27:29 EEST

Steve Harris wrote:

> Right, I misread the question, but my PS point is appropriate. In order to
> find the amplitude at a given, fractional sample point you should be using
> sinc interpolation.

There appears to be plenty of references to sinc interpolation on the web
but are there any decent implementations lying around that I could learn
from?

And I s'pose a bigger question is "why is it this way" ?

And where does "peak data" come into things then? Are those peak files that
an audio app produces the stored result of this interpolation or is that
something different? And if so, again, why?

Presumably I'll have answered some of these questions for myself by the time
I've tried to implement this interpolation but it'd be nice to have a bit of
a head start - so any pointers much appreciated.

Thanks,

http://www.all-day-breakfast.com/rosegarden
http://www.bownie.com