Re: [linux-audio-dev] Buffering idea

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Buffering idea
From: Juan Linietsky (coding_AT_reduz.com.ar)
Date: Tue Jun 18 2002 - 23:37:32 EEST

On Mon, 17 Jun 2002 11:09:13 +0200 (MEST)
makapuf_AT_free.fr wrote:

> Hi, there was a thread about a patent on caching samples before
> reading (for the evo softsampler), which prevented someone from
> caching the beginning of the data to be able to play it at once when
> needed.

Could you please give me more info about this patent?
I'm doing this same thing for my softsynth so i can do sample
load on demand (on program change) in a separate thread, to
keep the memory usage low.
I cant believe that this is actually patented, it's just
the obvious thing to do.
I suppose shouldnt fear a lawsuit since
I live in Argentina anyway..

Juan Linietsky