Re: [linux-audio-dev] Poll about linux music audio app usability

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Poll about linux music audio app usability
From: nick (nixx_AT_nixx.org.uk)
Date: Fri Jun 21 2002 - 17:30:27 EEST

On Thu, 2002-06-20 at 00:28, David Olofson wrote:
> On Thursday 13 June 2002 00.25, nick wrote:
> > IMO, the GIMP has never really had those polishments(?) - artists
> > still prefer photoshop and the like, and certainly people i know
> > just dont get on with the interface, choosing paint shop pro
> > instead, much to my horror ;)
>
> Well, I almost forgot how to use PhotoShop, and strongly prefer GIMP.

Personally, i prefer GIMP too ;-)

But the fact is it doensnt meet the needs of the professional artists.
But then again, no-ones trying to sell the GIMP to this market, so thats
understandable..

More annoying for most users - try drawing simple shapes in gimp. no,
you cant. most people just want to draw lines, circles etc.. But ill
stop because this is an audio list ;-)

Nick