[linux-audio-dev] RME HDSP output

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] RME HDSP output
From: DuWayne R Holsbeck (drh_AT_niptron.com)
Date: Tue Jun 25 2002 - 16:02:32 EEST

Well I still cant get any output from this darned digiface box. I am
guessing that being the output peak values seem to be changing when a
diskstream is played back in Ardour, that the card seems to be working.
I tested my adat->audio device using the adat outputs from our mackie
sdr, and they seem to be functional. The digiface seems to be syncing up
fine, and I can record without problems. But still no output. I went
through all the controls using amixer, which by the way is much easier
than alsamixer, "for i in $(seq 1 26);do amixer set 'Chn',$i 95%;done"
is much easier than draging the mouse around 26 times ;-). The only
thing I came across is

numid=4,iface=MIXER,name='IEC958 Playback Pro Mask'
  ; type=IEC958,access=r----,values=1
  : values=?

numid=3,iface=MIXER,name='IEC958 Playback Con Mask'
  ; type=IEC958,access=r----,values=1
  : values=?

the "?" for the value seems strange, but I am guessing the IEC958 is the
spdif interface. So the one shouldnt have anything to do with the other.

Any suggestions on how to get around this problem would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanx

DRH

ps Paul the check really is in the mail, as of today ;-)

--
I have a switch in my apartment that doesn't do anything.  Every once
in a while I turn it on and off.  On and off.  On and off.  One day I