Re: [linux-audio-dev] RME HDSP output

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] RME HDSP output
From: DuWayne R Holsbeck (drh_AT_niptron.com)
Date: Wed Jun 26 2002 - 15:25:04 EEST

Ok here is some really weird behavior. While playing with some sessions
last night, I ended up loading the HDSP module first, then my ice1712
module. I needed the ice1712 module to set the clock of the Delta1010,
to sync to wordclock, so the 1010ai box would sync to the adat in. And
darned if the output from the HDSP started working. Not really sure why.
It happened at the end of the night, so I didn't get much time to play
with it, so there maybe some other issues. Ill be doing some tracking
tonight, so I will see what I can find. Any suggestions on what to look
at, to discover why this happens?

I tried the "insmod snd-hdsp.o snd_enable=yes" trick, but it didn't
work. In fact the snd_enable option only took 0 or 1 as values. Also
when loaded, as stated previously, aplay and jack worked fine, no reload
of the module was necessary.

--
I have a switch in my apartment that doesn't do anything.  Every once
in a while I turn it on and off.  On and off.  On and off.  One day I