Re: [linux-audio-dev] [OT] Linux Audio Jobs

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] [OT] Linux Audio Jobs
From: Nick Bailey (n.j.bailey_AT_elec.gla.ac.uk)
Date: Thu Jul 04 2002 - 12:26:40 EEST

Well, we offer research positions from time to time, and only use Linux
as our dev platform, but judging from the number of applicants we
usually get, there is an over-supply of tallented people. This will no
doubt change, as soon as industry realises how important it all is, when
Microsoft bans program development on PC platforms unless they get to
control it. The EC is already funding several medium-large research
projects in the music and film area, and is in places actively
supporting the open source initiative. The UK has an EPSRC (Engineering
and Science Research Council) Network of Excellence in Music Technology.

If we have any jobs going, they are always advertised on this list, by
the way, as well as our web site (currently being revamped) and other
"standard" places. From the response we get, I'd encourage other people
wanting to recruit to do the same. As far as I can tell, there are no
"no hopers" on this list! We get c. 10 A-1 applicants for each post in
total: contrast this with the guys in the research group down the
corridor who recently had about 5 posts to fill, and only one applicant
(I did *not* miss out the word "suitable"). I really wish we could hire
more of them!

Nick/