Re: [linux-audio-dev] LADPSA v1.1 SDK Provisional Release

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] LADPSA v1.1 SDK Provisional Release
From: Nathaniel Virgo (natvi286_AT_student.liu.se)
Date: Mon Jul 08 2002 - 17:57:45 EEST

Just one thought: There was some talk a little while ago about plugins that
might want to behave differently (in a modular synth context) if their ports
were not connected. Somebody suggested using NaN as the port's value
in that case. Would it be reasonable to suggest a
LADSPA_HINT_DEFAULT_NAN_IF_UNCONNECTED hint to cover this possibility?
This could be used in combination with the other default hints so that there is a
default value when the port is connected.