Re: [linux-audio-dev] App metadata intercomunication protocol..

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] App metadata intercomunication protocol..
From: Paul Winkler (pw_lists_AT_slinkp.com)
Date: Tue Jul 23 2002 - 10:14:56 EEST

On Tue, Jul 23, 2002 at 08:43:36AM +0200, n++k wrote:
> Just a comment on the metadata persistence:
>
> Why not use an SQL database for storing session/project metadata?
> (configuration and such) We have the benefit of having a few quite
> stable free software SQL databases. (mysql, postgresql, sapdb) so
> requiring one wouldn't be too much to ask.

except they're big to install. that might cause some resistance.
and it strikes me as using a piledriver when a hammer would do.

also wouldn't we have to standardize on one RDBM?
I'm no DBA but IIRC the SQL queries are not 100%
the same...

(sorry, it's nearing the end of the month and I'm behind
on my acronym quota)

--PW

--

Paul Winkler home: http://www.slinkp.com "Muppet Labs, where the future is made - today!"