Re: [linux-audio-dev] App intercomunication issues, some views.

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] App intercomunication issues, some views.
From: Steve Harris (S.W.Harris_AT_ecs.soton.ac.uk)
Date: Tue Jul 23 2002 - 17:58:40 EEST

On Tue, Jul 23, 2002 at 10:23:40 -0400, Paul Davis wrote:
> for me, its more than tempting. none of the existing ALSA MIDI
> sequencers have JACK support (that i know of). MusE is the only MIDI

The only ones I know of are iiwusynth and sfront.

I am not sure if this is the right way to go, but then I've never used the
alsa seqeuncer API, and write no midi software anymore.

What about the maximum jack buffer size issue. Is it reasonable to make
all the apps do thier own limiting?

Also, I suspect even more MIDI apps will be read/write based, and its more
reasonable for them to be IMHO, that is actually how MIDI works at the low
level, unlike PCM soundcards.

- Steve