Re: [linux-audio-dev] (no subject)

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] (no subject)
From: Vincent Touquet (vincent.touquet_AT_pandora.be)
Date: Tue Jul 23 2002 - 22:36:46 EEST

On Tue, Jul 23, 2002 at 01:14:18PM -0500, Arthur Peters wrote:
(cut)
>I think there might be problems with option 1 when the apps are running
>on different machines (as was mensioned earlier). Maybe a hybrid would
>work: provide an API for each app to pass it's data to the project
>server. This data could be anything, XML, binary of somesort, whatever.
>The project server could then store that data any way it wanted, the
>simplest being a group of files in a directory. The apps wouldn't have
>to change their data format, only replace their file IO with this API,
>and we would have some choice of backends.
(cut)

I think this is the only reasonable approach.
Have some interface in each program to set
and retrieve state information.
Programs who implement the interface benifit
from the added advantage a user has of using
that program with some sort of state daemon.

I would vote for this solution if I could :)

vini