LADSPA 1.1 again, Re: [linux-audio-dev] swh plugins 0.2.8

Subject: LADSPA 1.1 again, Re: [linux-audio-dev] swh plugins 0.2.8
From: Tim Goetze (tim_AT_quitte.de)
Date: Fri Aug 02 2002 - 14:51:39 EEST

Kai Vehmanen wrote:

>On Fri, 19 Jul 2002, Steve Harris wrote:
>
>> http://plugin.org.uk/releases/0.2.8/
>>
>> And of course, I now include LADSPA 1.1 default hints and a (fixed)
>> ladspa.h.
>
>Due to the fierce feature race between our projects, both gstreamer and
>ecasound (plus ecamegapedal) now have initial support for this default
>hints API in the CVS-trees. Check the whole story at...

I withdraw my objections against the LADSPA default value mechanism as
proposed by Richard, because fighting a commonly established fact is
by no means a bright thing to do.

I still think my objections are valid, and I think that adopting
this kludge makes clear to everybody that we, the linux audio
developers, are just a bunch of at best semi-professional sparetime
hackers. ;)

I'd like to see the 1.1 plugin descriptor extended with an API version
field, available if a flag named like LADSPA_PROPERTY_HAS_VERSION is
set. Another addition I think that could still make it into 1.1 is a
docstring for every port much like the PortNames array, also added at
the end of the descriptor structure and available if version >= 1.1;
I'd be willing to post a patch against the provisional 1.1 header if
these ideas meet your approval.

Cheers,

tim