Re: [linux-audio-dev] Audio Recording Libs

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Audio Recording Libs
From: Kjetil S. Matheussen (k.s.matheussen_AT_notam02.no)
Date: Fri Aug 02 2002 - 19:03:42 EEST

On Fri, 2 Aug 2002, Tapan S. Parikh wrote:

> Audio newbie question... Id like to be able to record audio from the
> mic at the touch of a button in my Gnome app. Is there a best way to
> do this? Are there some standard libs available for something like
> this?

Best result I guess you get calling alsa directly.
But its not necesarry, as a very much easier appoach would be using jack.
http://jackit.sourceforge.net

And even easier is Bill Schottstaedt sndlib.
http://www-ccrma.stanford.edu/software/snd/sndlib/

Even easier than that again is doing something like
system("arecord <parms> >/tmp/soundfile"). :)