Re: [linux-audio-dev] Wavelets and Audio

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Wavelets and Audio
From: Likai Liu (news_AT_likai.net)
Date: Tue Aug 06 2002 - 17:04:25 EEST

George Tzanetakis wrote:

>3."Audio Analysis using the Discrete Wavelet Transform ", George
>Tzanetakis, Georg Essl, Perry Cook n. Proc. WSES Int. Conf. Acoustics
>and Music: Theory and Applications (AMTA 2001) Skiathos, Greece 2001
>(available online at www.cs.princeton.edu/~gtzan/publications.html)

In this paper, you devoted a large section on beat detection to
emphasize this particular use of discrete wavelet transform. I think
this process is somewhat analoguous to FFT analysis followed by
frequency band separation and then a summation of each band. How do you
compare the two, regarding the way information is interpreted, and their
performance?

liulk