Re: [linux-audio-dev] SoundFont soft synths (Was: TK-707 and Alsa-0.9)

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] SoundFont soft synths (Was: TK-707 and Alsa-0.9)
From: Dave Phillips (dlphilp_AT_bright.net)
Date: Thu Aug 08 2002 - 01:57:41 EEST

Hi, Josh:

  Takashi sent me the correct invocation for using soundfonts with
TiMidity++. For my purpose all I needed was a configuration file with
this line in it:

        soundfont /home/dlphilp/sfonts/8mbgmsfx.sf2

Then if I call 'timidity -c my_new_sf2.cfg foo.mid' I hear the GM set
from that file. Works great !

  I've been thinking of writing a "Linux Softsynth Roundup", there are
now so many of the things around... ;) So at some point, yes, I'd
welcome a look at any research you might do on iiwusynth (or any other
synth).

  Btw, Swami is sweet. I'll be using it more often over the next few
weeks so I should have a little more to say about it in a while. Thanks
for the great app !

Best regards,

== Dave Phillips

        The Linux Soundapps Site at http://linux-sound.org