Re: [linux-audio-dev] [ANN] Chameleon DSP engine

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] [ANN] Chameleon DSP engine
From: Vincent Touquet (vincent.touquet_AT_pandora.be)
Date: Tue Aug 13 2002 - 18:25:30 EEST

On Tue, Aug 13, 2002 at 09:44:23AM +0200, Ingo Oeser wrote:
(cut)
>Give our project a sample board, a data sheet and some time then
>we'll integrate it into our Linux-DSP-Project.
(cut)

I read your paper and it interests me to say the least.
The thing that is driving me to use the Chameleon
is its easy to use API and the presence of knobs :)

I could live without the knobs certainly,
but not without a good API.

Are there any TMS320C44 based board
which are designed for audio (so good IO neede)
available for less than 600$ ?

What chance is there of me using the API
in your project for exactly the same
things as the Chameleon SDK is for ?

Note that there is *a lot* of stuff
which is taken care of by the Chameleon itself.

The controller takes care of midi eg.
I could use the alsa sequencer of course
for the midi part.

best regards
vincent