Re: [linux-audio-dev] Jack and block-based algorithms (was: Reborn)

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Jack and block-based algorithms (was: Reborn)
From: Steve Harris (S.W.Harris_AT_ecs.soton.ac.uk)
Date: Wed Aug 14 2002 - 16:51:16 EEST

On Wed, Aug 14, 2002 at 03:13:12 +0200, Anders Torger wrote:
> I'm considering a redesign of I/O handling in BruteFIR to add Jack
> support (I/O is currently select()-based), but since it is processes in
> blocks, perhaps it is not feasible?

It makes it trickier. If the jack period size is giong to be fixed (we
havn't decided yet) and it's a power of two (usually is), its easier, but
otherwise you just need to buffer round it.

There is an example of this here (FFT powered harmonic distortion meter):
http://inanna.ecs.soton.ac.uk/~swh/Projects/Demeter/

But I suspect that code won't build against current jack, its a bit old,
and hacky.

FWIW I'd love a jack-enabled BruteFIR.

- Steve