Re: [linux-audio-dev] Reborn

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Reborn
From: Paul Davis (pbd_AT_op.net)
Date: Wed Aug 14 2002 - 17:06:38 EEST

>On Wed, 2002-08-14 at 13:21, Paul Davis wrote:
>
>> a "pull" model ("hey client: do this much work right now").
>
>Should the "this much work" be constant? Ie, should I be dealing with
>midi events (of which there may or may be some) inside or outside the
>process callback?

the process() callback is the only place where you can discover "what
time it is". given that midi events will typically need this to be
useful, they will they need to be dispatched from within it, but they
may have timestamps in the future and thus get queued at some level
(your app, a user-space library, a device driver, etc.)

--p