Re: [linux-audio-dev] Alas, reborn is no more?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Alas, reborn is no more?
From: Stefan Kost (kost_AT_imn.htwk-leipzig.de)
Date: Thu Aug 15 2002 - 09:47:15 EEST

n++k wrote:
> /wrote "Stefan Nitschke" <stefan_nitschke_AT_hotmail.com> [Wed, 14 Aug 2002
> 20:48:21 +0000]

> |>What? It's a shame he won't fight this. INAL, but isn't the user
> |>interface non-copyrightable?
> |>
> |>Taybin
> |
> |well i guess his next version will be even better :)
> |
> |Stefan
>
> My first thought when i saw the screenshot was that considering it
> seems he took the original interface' assets (knobs+bg+more) it
> was a clear copyright infrigement.
>
> (I still don't get what went into his mind)

He generated the interface by thimself. He even gave detailed instructions how
to render knob with povray. About the 303/808/909, I don't belive that
Propellerheads could sue hime about that. Those devices just look that way.
And because he emulates the rebirth modules, he need the other devices as well
(delay, distorsion). Probably the best would be to change it, so that the enging
is modularised a bit and the interface components are assembled via some (XML)
file => extended mods. Then it would be just a preset which looks like rebirth ;-)

Stefan

--
       \|/            Stefan Kost
      <@ @>           private            business