Re: [linux-audio-dev] Alas, reborn is no more?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Alas, reborn is no more?
From: Dave Phillips (dlphilp_AT_bright.net)
Date: Thu Aug 15 2002 - 16:36:21 EEST

Greetings:

  Just out of curiosity, how many of you actually wrote to David Singer
?

  I've been corresponding with him since ReBorn was announced. He
does/did in fact plan to release his code: he tells me that he is a
hardware engineer by trade and he doesn't feel the current codebase is
worthy of anyone else's look-see until he gets a chance to clean up what
he already knows needs cleaning.

  WRT Propellerheads: David indicated that he had written to them
regarding any possible copyright infringement. They responded by
claiming that ReBorn's GUI does violate their copyright. He pulled
ReBorn in deference to their request. If he had violated the GPL we
would certainly ask for nothing less.

  He has also stated that he intends to repackage the code in an even
better application. Considering what he achieved with ReBorn I think his
next project is worth waiting for.

  Btw, I agree that his PDF documentation is great. It would be nice to
see that more often (hint, hint)...

Best regards,

== Dave Phillips

        The Linux Soundapps Site at http://linux-sound.org

Currently listening to: "Le Sacre du Printemps" (Igor Stravinsky)