Re: [linux-audio-dev] Sweep 0.5.0 -- Scrubby's surprise

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Sweep 0.5.0 -- Scrubby's surprise
From: Erik de Castro Lopo (erikd-lad_AT_mega-nerd.com)
Date: Fri Aug 16 2002 - 00:25:03 EEST

On Thu, 15 Aug 2002 11:06:33 -0400
Dave Phillips <dlphilp_AT_bright.net> wrote:

> Hi, Conrad:
>
> A quick question: I have libsndfile 0.0.28 installed here, I need it
> because Ardour doesn't yet utilize 1.0.0. Is there some way I can
> compile Sweep against the older libsndfile, or do you have any
> suggestions for both versions co-existing ?

The two binaries of the library can easily coexist. The main problem
is the header file. My suggestions is

  1) copy the version 0 header file to /usr/include/sndfile0.h
  2) install libsndfile version 1
  3) copy the version 1 header file to /usr/include/sndfile1.h
  4) soft link which ever header you currently need

This should only be a temporary measure. Stefan Kost is currently doing
the small amount of work required to make Jack work with version 1.0.0.

Cheers,
Erik

  Erik de Castro Lopo  nospam_AT_mega-nerd.com (Yes it's valid)
Will the last person leaving Redmond please turn off all the lights.