Re: [linux-audio-dev] What I think about reborn.

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] What I think about reborn.
From: Brian Redfern (bredfern_AT_calarts.edu)
Date: Fri Aug 16 2002 - 04:00:56 EEST

I didn't mean to say anyone has to do anything, but its a lot easier to
complain about someone else's code (and yeah, he did bring it on to
himself by not reading up about linux culture first) than it is to roll
one's sleeves up and help develop software that's out there. Most people
don't do anything at all, I'll admit to being one of the worst
perpetrators. What would be helpful is not just the sites with links to
linux audio apps, but maybe a site that would be a resource for learning
c/c++ dsp coding under linux. I for one have not had the benefit of a
computer science education, so all my knowlege comes from hardcore
bootstrapping. I'm sure many people would like to help, but simply lack
the math background to be able to understand complicated dsp code.