Re: [linux-audio-dev] What I think about reborn.

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] What I think about reborn.
From: mike rawes (mike_rawes_AT_yahoo.co.uk)
Date: Fri Aug 16 2002 - 13:05:28 EEST

 --- Brian Redfern <bredfern_AT_calarts.edu> wrote: > I
[...]
> I for one have not had
> the benefit of a
> computer science education, so all my knowlege comes
> from hardcore
> bootstrapping. I'm sure many people would like to
> help, but simply lack
> the math background to be able to understand
> complicated dsp code.
[...]

I'm in the same position - starting from scratch wrt
to dsp programming is more than a little daunting!

I'd recommend this book to get you started:

http://www.dspguide.com

It's available online (in pdf), and provides an
excellent introduction to the terminology and the
mathematics of dsp.

--
Myk