Re: [linux-audio-dev] analysis/resynthesis environment: python?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] analysis/resynthesis environment: python?
From: Paul Winkler (pw_lists_AT_slinkp.com)
Date: Fri Aug 16 2002 - 19:19:14 EEST

On Fri, Aug 16, 2002 at 04:48:17PM +0200, Kasper Souren wrote:
> The Python documentation about extending/embedding seems okay, but they don't
> mention how to compile the .c file to get an .so file. I think it has been
> written for experienced C programmers.

http://www.python.org/doc/current/ext/building-on-unix.html

or if you don't want to bother with distutils,
I just found this in an old comp.lang.python post:

INC="-I/usr/local/src/Python-2.2/Include/ -I/usr/local/src/Python-2.2/"
OPTS="-shared -Xlinker -export-dynamic -fPIC"
gcc $(INC) $(OPTS) -o foomodule.so foomodule.o

--

Paul Winkler "Welcome to Muppet Labs, where the future is made - today!"