[linux-audio-dev] saol question: adjusting delay line time?

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] saol question: adjusting delay line time?
From: Will Benton (willb_AT_cs.wisc.edu)
Date: Wed Aug 21 2002 - 19:21:57 EEST

Howdy, all.

I'm writing a softsynth/toy that uses sfront (via a custom control
driver) to produce trendy, 303-inspired sounds. I realize that this
isn't that interesting a project (how many 303 toys does the world
need?), but I'm using it as a proof-of-concept/stepping stone to a
cooler GUI-controlled environment/softsynth with an SAOL engine.

In any case, here's my question: I have an effects instrument that
implements delay, but there is no way to change the delay time from
the control layer, since the delay instrument is only instantiated
once and the delay time parameter is an ivar. (More problematic is
that the delay time is set before the "0 tempo 120" command in the
SASL file, but that's another story.) How can I get around this? It
seems that I need to release the instrument so that it will get
re-instantiated -- but will that mess with my routing?

wb

--
Will Benton      | "Die richtige Methode der Philosophie wäre eigentlich
willb_AT_acm.org    |  die: Nichts zu sagen, als was sich sagen läßt...."