Re: [linux-audio-dev] (not so low) low latency - acpi, dri, proc

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] (not so low) low latency - acpi, dri, proc
From: Jussi Laako (jussi.laako_AT_kolumbus.fi)
Date: Mon Aug 26 2002 - 21:16:54 EEST

Fernando Pablo Lopez-Lezcano wrote:

> I suspect acpi might be the culprit but I cannot try to
> disable it because on this particular laptop you need acpi to
> make sound work (probably something to do with routing of
> interrupts,, also tried pci=biosirq on a non-acpi kernel
> without success). Any suggestions?

Hmmh, are you confusing ACPI and APIC here?

ACPI is about power saving and APIC is about routing interrupts, etc...

> Proc: something has changed from the 2.4.18 to the 2.4.19
> kernels (maybe the acpi proc interface is to blame?). Big
> mess of latency spikes in the proc latency test.

No problems here with 2.4.19-jl series... Steady at 0.9 ms when using 128
byte buffers with ENS1371.

        - Jussi Laako

--
PGP key fingerprint: 161D 6FED 6A92 39E2 EB5B  39DD A4DE 63EB C216 1E4B
Available at PGP keyservers