[linux-audio-dev] managing installations from source [CVS]

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] managing installations from source [CVS]
From: Vincent Touquet (vincent.touquet_AT_pandora.be)
Date: Tue Sep 03 2002 - 01:45:05 EEST

Hi,

I ask this question here because I know
a lot of you manage to install lots of
applications from a fresh cvs snaphot
without troubles (I think ;).

How do you manage these from-source installs ?
Are there people who use stow ?
[cfr. http://www.gnu.org/software/stow/stow.html]

Or does make install / make uninstall usually
does a good task of (un)installing the software ?

I have installed software from sources this way
before, most notably alsa eg. I just wonder
if there are any "tricks of the trade" to be mastered.

thanks in advance
Vincent