Re: [linux-audio-dev] collaborators - Fruity feel-alike

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] collaborators - Fruity feel-alike
From: Erik de Castro Lopo (erikd-lad_AT_mega-nerd.com)
Date: Wed Sep 04 2002 - 11:25:38 EEST

On Wed, 4 Sep 2002 00:08:34 -0700 (PDT)
Tim Hockin <thockin_AT_hockin.org> wrote:

> I know someone on here once posted about doing a FruityLoops work-alike
> app. Are you still around?
>
> I have been tossing about this idea for a free, high quality,
> well-architected, virtual studio for a while. If I had a collaborator or
> two, I'd probably be more inclined to do it.
>
> Anyone? My thoughts so far:
> * a plugin API like LADSPA but less 'S'
> * a modular-synth core engine
> * layered control - modular synth, or a Fruity-like interface on top
> * written in C
> * clean code, modular, extensible, blah blah...
>
> There is a ton of code waiting to be borrowed. Whole portions may not need
> to be written. I haven't investigated THAT far yet.

Well I certainly hope that libsndfile will be your first choice for sound
file I/O.

I also have another library that you will find useful once it is finished and
released. (no blabbing K :-))

Cheers,
Erik

  Erik de Castro Lopo  nospam_AT_mega-nerd.com (Yes it's valid)
Will the last person leaving Redmond please turn off all the lights.