Re: LADPA (was Re: [linux-audio-dev] emagic (logic) drops VST support under OS X)

Subject: Re: LADPA (was Re: [linux-audio-dev] emagic (logic) drops VST support under OS X)
From: Steve Harris (S.W.Harris_AT_ecs.soton.ac.uk)
Date: Wed Sep 04 2002 - 12:37:34 EEST

On Tue, Sep 03, 2002 at 11:26:04 +0200, Tim Goetze wrote:
> agree, that would be great. it doesn't solve problems like running
> for example both ardour (gtk) and muse (qt) under the same jackd
> though.

Nope, like you said, that has to be solved by having them in seperate
processes. I think there is a need for an inprocess only host/plugin
system, like LADSPA, but more suphisticated though.

> i'm not so sure it would be such a big problem to code -- jack is
> very 'cross-process' by concept. the current jack graph can already
> be thought of as 'shared' among and 'controlled' by all clients.

I guess its not fundamentally different from a mixture of IP and OP
clients, which jack was intended to support.

> client to make a particular client work in a particular setup. which
> is still far better than to have no clue about how to connect
> and endless discussions with nobody willing to give an inch. :)

I dont know what you mean ;) Yes, this is probably a good way to go, for
jacklike systems.

- Steve