Re: LADPA (was Re: [linux-audio-dev] emagic (logic) drops VST support under OS X)

Subject: Re: LADPA (was Re: [linux-audio-dev] emagic (logic) drops VST support under OS X)
From: Steve Harris (S.W.Harris_AT_ecs.soton.ac.uk)
Date: Wed Sep 04 2002 - 15:49:59 EEST

On Wed, Sep 04, 2002 at 12:20:24 +0100, Richard Bown wrote:
> Also I'm getting more confused by the RDF stuff. I was
> under the impression that it was going to be a grammar for describing
> plugins and therefore I hoped something to extend LADSPA hints somewhat
> perhaps/help with gui building.. it seems I was a bit out there.

No, that is accurate. The example library I have isn't very tidy yet
though, so I'm not keen to release it.

The features it offers at the moment are: 1) An alternative way of
storing/reading presets. 2) A way of ogranising plugins into meaningful
categories (so you can pick them from a menu).

I hoped to get it in an acceptable state last weekend, but autoconf had
other ideas.

- Steve