Re: LADPA (was Re: [linux-audio-dev] emagic (logic) drops VST support under OS X)

Subject: Re: LADPA (was Re: [linux-audio-dev] emagic (logic) drops VST support under OS X)
From: Tim Goetze (tim_AT_quitte.de)
Date: Fri Sep 06 2002 - 13:54:28 EEST

Steve Harris wrote:

>OK, heres a graph of how I think a simple plugins via jack session could
>look: http://www.ecs.soton.ac.uk/~swh/jack-plugin-graph.png

nice. where's the sequencer, and how does it connect? :)

[store procedure]

>To restore, you just unstar to the state tarball, jackd launches the apps,
>passing in thier state directory, and they each launch thier subgraphs.
>
>Obviously this recurses, if for eg you have P5 that has a subgraph of its
>own. And the same mechanism can be used to save the state of a single apps
>plugin graph.

still requires a lot of logic in the clients -- they need to store
a plugin identifier that enables them to instantiate the correct
plugin at restore. it would be very nice if as much of this logic
as possible went into (jackd) which -- if the clients are .so --
can then do the complete store/restore (if possible).

tim