[linux-audio-dev] Basic information

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] Basic information
From: Ross Clement (R.P.Clement_AT_westminster.ac.uk)
Date: Thu Sep 19 2002 - 16:08:16 EEST

Hi. Could anyone point me to some very basic information to give me some
idea of programming for sound in linux.

I have previously programmed sound on Silicon Graphics machines and
Sun machines.

I'm thinking about linux in the context of *possibly* building a cross-
compiler (source code to source code), or similar, for porting the
Mac OS X version of SuperCollider to linux, depending on various things
(I have just sent an email to the supercollider development list).

Supercollider is at: http://www.audiosynth.com

It is an amazing piece of software, truly amazing.

Thanks in anticipation,

Ross Clement.