RE: [linux-audio-dev] Basic information

Subject: RE: [linux-audio-dev] Basic information
From: Sreelal Chandrasenan (SChandrasenan_AT_verance.com)
Date: Fri Sep 20 2002 - 22:55:39 EEST

We are using LynxOne soundcard with OSS driver in digital mode with external clock option.
We want to check the presense of Digital clock, before starting the audio process.
Initially, we thought of using the input H/W buffer sample count to check that. But it does not work always. Sometime even with valid external clock, driver won't place any data in the hardware buffer even after few minutes.
 Did you come across this problem?

 Also we have to delay the Timecode. We are not using MIDI feature. But time code comes only in MIDI port. Is it easy to change the timecode (LTC) in the MIDI stream?