[linux-audio-dev] Where I am with GWC

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] Where I am with GWC
From: Jeff Welty (weltyj_AT_yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Oct 10 2002 - 07:22:26 EEST

I have released GWC 0.17-6 (beta). This release primarily is an
integration with libsndfile, and also improvement in denoising
using a hanning-overlap-add (well, kinda) windowing method.

Find it at:

http://gwc.sourceforge.net/

While I believe improvements could be made in the click detection
algorithm in regards to reducing the false positives, I am going
to forgoe that effort because --

At long last, I am going to take the first steps toward making
the algorithms plugin-able, by creating a library interface first.
This is largely due to prompting by Conrad Parker. I've looked
at the LADSPA thing, and asked a couple of people, and these algorithms
are not LADSPA-ize-able. So, a first reasonable step is to just
create a library of routines, with a well defined API which other apps
can code against, eventually a plugin of some sort could be coded against
the library.

Over the next month, I hope to have the denoising algorithm converted
to a library interface (having a day job really does get in the way :-)

I'll post here along the way for help/tips -- and if anyone has some
suggestions for me now, speak up! I am still relatively ignorant on
linux audio, I need all the help I can get...

jw