Re: [linux-audio-dev] Meterbridge 0.0.5

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Meterbridge 0.0.5
From: Joern Nettingsmeier (nettings_AT_folkwang-hochschule.de)
Date: Fri Oct 11 2002 - 01:21:30 EEST

Steve Harris wrote:

> http://plugin.org.uk/meterbridge/
>
> New features:
> Jellyfish meter (aka. stereo phase meter)
> Can choose number of columns
> Signal freezes if you click left mouse button on the window
> Some segfaults fixed
>
> Outstanding problems:
> Uses contraversial rewiring connection to inputs
> Needle graphics still a bit crap
> Inefficient
>
> - Steve

i just gave it a whirl... looks interesting. the jf meter comes very
handy for mastering stuff. i wonder what spark of genius made you
implement one ? ;)
alsaplayer dies after i insert the second or third meter instance, but
then i'm running 2.5.41 right now, and it seems to have some scheduling
problems (i'm not even sure i correctly selected kernel pre-emption, so
ignore me).
anyway, this thing is soo useful. :) i hope we will find an elegant way
to allow for monitor taps or equivalent routing wizardry in jack.

thanks,

jörn

--
Jörn Nettingsmeier