Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: [Jackit-devel] Announcing initial release of FreqTweak

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: [Jackit-devel] Announcing initial release of FreqTweak
From: Steve Harris (S.W.Harris_AT_ecs.soton.ac.uk)
Date: Mon Oct 14 2002 - 11:29:12 EEST

On Sun, Oct 13, 2002 at 08:50:25 -0400, Jesse Chappell wrote:
> Check out the latest CVS... I threw it in for you ;)

Cheers :)

One more freq domain effect you might like to add is a bin remapper, it
allows you to put the amplitude and phase information from any input bin
into any output bin, the UI might be tricky, but you could do it with a
sqaure graph, like a matrix mixer.

> > I did once manage to get FT disconnected from jack when changing bin sizes,
> > but only once out of a few dozen changes, so it might be unrealted.
>
> Yes, I believe there are some buffer overrun gremlins hiding in there that
> really only come out at those big FFT sizes. I find that I lose too much
> time-domain resolution at those sizes for anything with transients. It just
> mushes right up.

That was the effect I was after. The mushy freq domain effect from small
FFT sizes can be good too.

- Steve