Re: [linux-audio-dev] Announcing initial release of FreqTweak

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Announcing initial release of FreqTweak
From: Stefan Kost (kost_AT_imn.htwk-leipzig.de)
Date: Tue Oct 15 2002 - 11:59:54 EEST

Hi Joern,
> Jesse Chappell wrote:
>
>>>hi jesse ! after all the enthusiastic feedback i want to try it out, too.
>>>unfortunately, the sf downloads of either 0.4.0, .1 and .2 bail out after
>>>about 2k, and the reconf script in cvs complains about a missing acconfig - i
>>>have never seen that command before. it generates a
>>>./configure script, which then makes makefiles, but the compilation stops with
>>>"missing separator in Makefile"...
>>>

>>Don't know what the deal with SF is... it works for me.
>>

> argh. it's the *link* to a download page... ok, silly me. i just saved a
> html page and wondered why tar barfs.
> but tell me, how on earth can you have a link like "filename.tar.gz"
> which is not a tarball.... mysterious are the ways of sf.
> thanks anyway, i'm building it later today...
I keep stepping over that often too. Just click onto it. The set the proper
content-type, so the browser will ask you to save it. B.T.W. you can call your
links what ever you like, it's the content-type of the http-protocol that
matters. It is just that most web-servers use the extension to set the
content-type automaticaly (when delivering the content from a file).

Stefan

--
       \|/            Stefan Kost
      <@ @>           private            business