[linux-audio-dev] Re: freqtweak release 0.4.3

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] Re: freqtweak release 0.4.3
From: Jesse Chappell (jesse_AT_essej.net)
Date: Wed Oct 16 2002 - 16:53:11 EEST

Yes, I am open to feature requests, but let's move these discussions
to freqtweak-user_AT_lists.sourceforge.net ....

Steve Harris wrote on Wed, 16-Oct-2002:

> Settings morphing - crossfading parameters between a pair of settings -
> that would be cool.

Cool indeed.... the simplicity of the GUI will soon be a thing
of the past :}

> Could you change the pitch scale from a coefficient to semitones? I
> think this would be more natural.

Yeah, I was thinking I should do this soon. Along with some
sort of grid and grid-snapping.

> When I click in one of the parameter sets and drag the mouse, it changes
> the parameters in bigish blocks, is it possible to smooth this out a bit?

Two ways to do it right now. Resize the row to make it bigger.
 Zoom in to the y-range you care about by using Ctrl-Alt-Shift
left drag. Ctrl-Alt-Shift Right-click resets to full. Oh,
you probably mean in the x-axis.... yeah, I make parameter
changes across the range of mouse-events I get, the faster you
move, the pixels between mouse events. I just set the same
y-val to all between. Do you think doing a linear interpolation
would be appropriate?

> A smooth button that averages neghbouring parameters values (or something
> like that).

This might be nice.... not too tough :)

Also, in regard to a previous message from Steve, the bin transpose
idea I also tried early on, but I found it very hard to get
interesting or good sounds out of it, so I ditched it. It might
have been an implemenatation problem, so I will try again.

jlc