Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: freqtweak release 0.4.3

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: freqtweak release 0.4.3
From: Steve Harris (S.W.Harris_AT_ecs.soton.ac.uk)
Date: Wed Oct 16 2002 - 17:51:40 EEST

On Wed, Oct 16, 2002 at 08:53:11 -0500, Jesse Chappell wrote:
> > Settings morphing - crossfading parameters between a pair of settings -
> > that would be cool.
>
> Cool indeed.... the simplicity of the GUI will soon be a thing
> of the past :}

Sorry ;) You could open a seperate window, with one settings dropdown at
each end, and a slider inbetween. That would keep the main window clean.

> > When I click in one of the parameter sets and drag the mouse, it changes
> > the parameters in bigish blocks, is it possible to smooth this out a bit?

> you probably mean in the x-axis.... yeah, I make parameter
> changes across the range of mouse-events I get, the faster you
> move, the pixels between mouse events. I just set the same
> y-val to all between. Do you think doing a linear interpolation
> would be appropriate?

Yeah, that would do fine.

> Also, in regard to a previous message from Steve, the bin transpose
> idea I also tried early on, but I found it very hard to get
> interesting or good sounds out of it, so I ditched it. It might
> have been an implemenatation problem, so I will try again.

Maybe, but it is very variable - often you end up with a very quiet
burbling noise. When its good, its good though. On the one I've used
before I just kept hitting randomise until it sounded interesting.

- Steve