Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: image problem [was Re: [Alsa-devel] help for a levelmeter]

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: image problem [was Re: [Alsa-devel] help for a levelmeter]
From: Richard Bown (bownie_AT_bownie.com)
Date: Fri Oct 18 2002 - 16:55:28 EEST

On Friday 18 October 2002 13:51, Patrick Shirkey wrote:

> I see your point. But feel that the problem is not that it is too
> difficult or ugly for the majority of people but that we have not
> done a good enough job of showing how worthwhile it is to spend long
> hours on figuring out how to get the stuff working.

People want it simple - they want to buy it in a box and for it to work
and then probably to discard it or forget about it. Anything above that
is pure geekiness. This isn't to say there's not a place for geekiness
- it's just that most people don't want it.

Steve's mention of Carillon seemed pretty much on the money.