Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: image problem [was Re: [Alsa-devel] help for a levelmeter]

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: image problem [was Re: [Alsa-devel] help for a levelmeter]
From: Conrad Parker (conrad_AT_vergenet.net)
Date: Tue Oct 22 2002 - 05:08:06 EEST

Hi Paul,

it might save you some hassles if you changed the intro to jack's web
pages, which currently read:

    JACK is a low-latency audio server, written primarily for the
    GNU/Linux operating system. It can connect a number of different
    applications to an audio device, as well as allowing them to share
    audio between themselves.

that, by itself, sounds to the average user an awful lot like a general
purpose audio server. Perhaps what you wrote in the email below, comparing
JACK to ASIO, would be more appropriate.

Conrad.