Re: [linux-audio-dev] [ann] unmatched - a LADSPA amp tone

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] [ann] unmatched - a LADSPA amp tone
From: Steve Harris (S.W.Harris_AT_ecs.soton.ac.uk)
Date: Thu Oct 24 2002 - 17:22:49 EEST

On Thu, Oct 24, 2002 at 06:27:59 -0700, nikodimka wrote:
> You can calculate your tranformation for the input signal S(x_i) once
> And the same transformation for S(x_i)+1 again.

Won't that just give you the gradient at point x_i, ie. d/dt(S)?

We are talking about frequency domain aliasing here, which is when you
generate partials that would be above the nyquist frequencyi, so they get
reflected down into low frequencies. It is not directly related to the
differential of the signal, though a high differential is often indicative
of an aliasing problem.

Typically you prevent audio aliasing by generating the waveform in a way
so that it contains no partials above nyquist, or by generating it at a
sufficiently high sample rate that there are none, then decimating down.

- Steve